Monday, June 25, 2007

Vacation: Badlands National Park 6/16/07





We left Brookings at the time we (ok, I) wanted to by 10am. It looked to be about a 5-6 hour drive to our cabin in Hill City, SD. On the way, that meant a trip past the Badlands

I should mention here that I've been out this way before for work, but I've never stopped to visit (including the other tourist sites around Rapid City).

We made it to the Badlands in good time, around 1pm MST. The weather couldn't have been better. Sunny skies, hardly any clouds in the sky, and warm temps but not too hot.

We had a great time climbing around the formations, and the kids definitely want to go back.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Hey, I wondered where you were!

I love the Badlands. My family and I used to visit once a year for awhile when I was in high school. I keep telling James we need to take the kids. Maybe next year, since selling/buying a house and moving are not conducive to a family vacation atmosphere.