Monday, April 9, 2007

Trip to Chicago








We spent the Easter Weekend in Chicago visiting my parents. My brother and his family were there too. Unfortunately, it's not often enough that we can all be together, and the sadly the time goes by too quickly.

My mom made some great food - which didn't help my new diet AT ALL. I was still able to enjoy in moderation though. Green Card nachos, Abelskivers, German Hamballs, Dirt Dessert, and Lou Mulnati's pizza (best Chicago Pizza, hands down) put a bulge in my stomach over several days in Chi-town.

We stopped at Wisconsin Dells at Chula Vista Resort for the night. Great accommodations (new facilities) and great prices. The indoor Waterpark has to be one of the best in the Dells - but somehow we managed to forget our cameras for pics of that.

On Saturday, we went to the Dupage Children's Museum. The kids and their cousins had a blast.

There are a couple family photos here as well. I'm starting to think that our family with 4 kids will never have a picture where all of us are looking at the camera, smiling, and posing in a normal position. The one of us is the best of the lot - not saying a lot. At least my wife looks stunning as always. :-)

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Nikki does look great!

I couldn't believe it when I saw the pictures of Micah--he looks so different. Is he actually THINNER than when he was in college? If only . . .

His little one must be about the same age as yours, huh?

Happy Easter!

chuckgold said...

Great pictures! I especially love the one of Teagen peeking through the ? square opening.