Monday, April 9, 2007

New Tool


Not that I expect anyone to notice, but the new pics from the last week were taken on my new digital camera - a handy little ultracompact from Samsung, the Samsung NV10. I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a pocketable camera.

Here are some of the features I like about it:

  • All metal body - (no plastic on this bad boy!) makes this more durable...
  • Overall Looks: this black beauty looks different than most cameras, but it's not too flashy.
  • Schneider Kreuznach lens - top quality optics
  • built-in USB charger - you can charge the battery while it's inside the camera, you just need to bring the charging cable along (very handy for a road warrior like me trying to reduce clutter in my bag).
  • "Smart Touch" user interface. This makes navigating the menus far easier than other digital cameras, and also puts most features just a single click away. You really have to try it out to see how much better it is.
  • Size: is slightly larger than a deck of cards. Very compact.
  • Overall, the camera is pretty easy to pick up and use without reading the manual.
  • Price: I picked mine up at Circuit City for a VERY reasonable $255. This is a great price for a camera with these features. - and certainly a better overall value than the Canon, Nikon, Panasonic, or Pentax models I also considered. This is priced far less than most quality cameras on the market, so I definitely consider it to be a good value.
So far, there are no real disadvantages or dislikes, but I'll share them if/when they come up. Inevitably, there will be some dislikes since virtually all cameras this small will have some shortcomings.

I'm hoping that this allows me to take more pics when I travel on the road, and also allows Nikki to keep our other camera with her to take pics of the kids.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

You've been busy!

I like my new camera, too. Yeah, I've found a few drawbacks--it's slow to focus in low light--but it does amazing things with color, especially outdoors. I bought it mostly to use while kayaking, so it's gonna work out perfectly for me.