Sunday, April 29, 2007

Another Nice Car Rental Surprise...


This is the vehicle I had during my trip in KC last week - an 07 Dodge Nitro. Was a nice surprise namely for 2 factors:

1.) This is a pretty well-designed vehicle. It's not Hummer H3, but it does look pretty cool, and drives well. Gas mileage was pretty crappy though.
2.) This bad boy came with Sirius Satellite radio - and I couldn't have been more pleased. I used to be a Sirius subscriber, but I decided to cancel since I wasn't using it as much as I felt I could. However, it came in handy really well this week. I had 6 hours in Nitro on one day alone, and the extra content was a God send.

The previous week in St. Louis they gave me a Dodge Charger - with the engine running, windows, down, ready to go. As I started to drive off the lot and rolled up the windows, I picked up the distinct smell of cigarette smoke. I pulled back up to the rental office, and requested a different vehicle. They gave me a Toyota 4Runner for a replacement - which became one of the top 2 or 3 car rentals I've ever had (the other being a Cadillac Seville with ALL the options, and a Honda CRV - fun to drive and great milage.) I definitely enjoyed the time in that 4Runner. I'd even seriously consider buying one ONLY if they had a 3rd row seating option.

1 comment:

Jon said...

Where did you rent the Nitro from? My family wants to rent one before we decide on a new car and they really like the Dodge Nitro, its just we can't find a rental agency that carries them.
Thanks,
jon