Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Lambeau Field Analogy: a Jew visiting Mecca



So let's say a a guy from Minnesota is attending a trade show being held on the club level of Lambeau Field in Green Bay today. These are some pictures that would have been taken throughout the day. The first pic is the view from across my table looking out at the field. The second pic sitting a few rows up from the field on the stadium tour we were given at the end of the day.

P.S. I'm sure Jodi is going crazy about this opportunity since she's a huge Packer fan and I'm not. Jo - please limit your comments to less than 10,000 words when you post.

P.S.S. I'm not a Packer fan, nor am I Viking fan. Frankly, I'm not a big football fan. However, I do appreciate tradition and significance - and Lambeau Field has it in spades.

P.S.S.S. The guy in the bottom pic is the tour guide we had. His name is "Grant" and he manages the stadium tours for the Packers. After the tour, I was talking to one of the bartenders at the trade show reception, and he said that Grant is the most popular tour guide they have. People apparently schedule their trips to ensure they have him. If anyone goes, definitely request this guy. The picture doesn't do him justice. He's older, but must have had 10 Red Bulls before the tour. Very animated and a great sense of humor.

P.S.S.S.S I learned on the tour that the club level seats where I took my picture go for ~$300 per seat/per game. Yikes.

P.S.S.S.S.S The field is torn up since it is being replaced with a new sport turf. It's a real Kentucky Blue grass base with a man-made weave sewn into the sod to make the real grass more resilient. He said it will costs around $3M to install.

3 comments:

Jodi said...

No, today I'm just speechless.

And envious.

Johnny Roosh said...

actually it's

PS
PPS
PPPS
PPPPS
PPPPPS

etc.

Sorry, but I thought you should know. Its my job to watch your P's and Q's. Good to see you posting again!

Aaron APC said...

thank you, Grammar Officer JRoosh! Actually, I intended to write it that way for dramatic effect (or is that affect?) Oh, bother...