Thursday, February 22, 2007

BEST....GADGET....EVER!!!!

Those of you who know me, know I'm a a pretty good gadget freak. It takes a lot to get me REALLY excited about a new piece of technology, but what I am about to tell you is truly earth shattering.

I don't have any phobias, but the closest thing to a phobia I have is touching the handle on the bathroom door. I mean, have you seen how many guys take care of their "bizzness" and just walk straight out the door??? It's just outright gross.

So how is one to get around this dilemma? After all, I wash my hands, but now my clean hands must touch that nasty door handle to exit. Some of my solutions include grabbing the door with a paper towel in my hand and then tossing the towel as I walk out of the bathroom. However, this doesn't work in bathrooms that only have blow dryers. In those cases, I usually have to use my pinky the grab the handle. Gross to be sure, but at least my pinky doesn't touch my food. Another solution is to frequent restaurants where the bathroom door opens OUT so I can just lean on it with my shoulder or butt and not have to use my hands at all. (Our local TGI Fridays, my favorite national chain, has doors that open this way. TGI has some of the BEST burgers, BTW)

So anyway, I'm having a lunch meeting at Charleston's in Omaha today with a client, and excuse myself to go use the bathroom. I take care of my "bizzness," wash my hands, and notice a little panel on the wall where a light switch would be. It says "Sanidoor" and has instructions to wave your hand to open the door to exit.

This is the BEST solution EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why did it take so long for someone to come up with this idea? If you want to see a demo and some bad pictures, you can go to Sanidoor's website HERE.

Seriously, I would eat exclusively at restaurants who used Sanidoor since I like this product so much. Maybe I will buy stock too. :-)

The ironic thing is - I was so excited about this masterpiece - that I grabbed the door with my pinky out of glee as I left.

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Phobia indeed.

:)

Johnny Roosh said...

it's amazing how much we men appreciate any invention involving the bathroom...those cool flat screens, that little piece of soap in the urinal, touch free paper towels...and now this...very cool.