Sunday, October 21, 2007

How NOT to Handle One's Comcast Problems


I've blogged about my dislike for Comcast's VOIP phone service in the past. (read HERE, then HERE for all the details and horrid reminders).


But apparently, Comcast knows how to treat their other customers just a crappily (I just made that word up) as they did to me. A 75 year-old woman, Mona Shaw decided to switch from Verizon for Comcast's Triple Play service package. When they couldn't get the service operating, Mona took her trusty hammer and drove to the local Comcast office - and then proceeded to use said hammer to bash all sorts of Comcast property while shouting "Do I have your attention now?"


(Aside: I don't think that it was intended by Mona, but that's an AWESOME parody to Verizon's marketing slogan. "Can you hear me now?")


Mona, I can sympathize with your dilemma, but violence rarely works in these types of situations. Keep good notes, demand fair compensation, and blog about it so you can vent instead of releasing your rage in more physical iterations.


[Washington Post via Gizmodo, photo from Washington Post]

1 comment:

Jodi said...

James has been tempted to take a hammer to some Charter property, so it's not just a Comcast thing. We miss our little local media/communications company.