Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Comcast: You'd Think it Couldn't Get Worse...

I've had it with this company. My dislike for Comcast (specifically their VOIP phone service) has been well documented on previous posts here on my blog, so use the filter for "Comcast" on the right to sort them out if you're new to this blog.

Amidst all the problems that I've documented, I was under the impression that my service was FINALLY working properly. This one's a doozy

I set up my Comcast service to send me an email to let me know when I have a new voicemail. So today I get a couple notificiations, and I when I log in to my web page to see view them, I see that I have over a dozen voicemails - some from a week ago - that I didn't know about. All were business related and a few were what I would deem "critical". Some of these were time critical and have caused personal and business-related consequences that are highly consequencial. Furthermore, I had set up my phone line to forward all calls to my cell phone since I travel a lot, and THAT didn't happen either.

I have had it with this company. I've already begun to switch my service back to AT&T - a service that I KNOW will work.

It's worth noting that I'm fairly happy with the high speed internet service from Comcast. However, I decided to cancel this as well since the service is on the same bill. Iwas on the phone with Qwest to set up a DSL service from them. Unfortunately, Qwest only has 1.5MB service in my area, and I"m getting 8MB from Comcast - big difference when you're on the internet and 1-2 phone lines all at the same time.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

jeepers, creepers!