Monday, August 20, 2007

Trip to Indy: Revisiting my Childhood

After checking out of our hotel in downtown Indy, we did a bit of driving around the old neighborhoods and stomping grounds. I thought it would be a good idea to take some pictures of the two houses we lived in while in Indy.

Above is our first house on 98th Street, just northwest of 465 and Keystone Ave. It was a 3 BR, 1 Bath house. The one thing I remembered as we drove by was that the water lines were in the garage and right next to the garage door. There were several years that our pipes froze - even during Indy's mild winters. We never knew who's bright idea that was, but that would seem obvious. Overall, the house has definitely had some upgrades since we lived there, and it certainly looks better than the way it was when I remember moving out.


The pictures above are of our second house in Indy on Village Park South Dr., just east of where Keystone and Meridian merge. Our family built this house, and we were one of the first in this new housing subdivision. This was a 3 BR, 2.5 Bath house with a lot more.
A couple things about this house.

The first thing I noticed when I turned into the neighborhood was that it had full-grown trees. Since this was a brand new subdivision when we built the house and moved in, there were only young trees the whole time we were there.

The second thing is that I'm pretty sure that there still some egg residue on the house from the 16 dozen that my friends decided to skip out of school and drop off at our house. :-) Seriously, when our house was up for sale, my friends though this would be a good idea. The deed was done while both my parents were out of town, and we had 2 showings scheduled the following day. So we were up late trying to clean as much as we could, but my mom got to the bottom of it a made the scoundrels :-) clean up the rest.
ah, good times...

No comments: