Monday, August 20, 2007

Trip to Indy: First Night



We left for Indy from Minneapolis Friday afternoon, and got into town around 10:30pm local time Friday night.

Since I travel a lot for work, I'm able to accrue frequent traveler miles from hotels, airlines, and car rental companies. We decided to go all out and burn some points at the Conrad Hotel in downtown Indianapolis.

Unfortunately, my camera had a dead battery when we were in our room, so I was unable to take an pics. The room we had was pretty similar to the one in the pic above though. The 42" Plasma was a nice touch, but I was also impressed by the Boston Acoustics Receptor tabletop radio that was playing rich, classical music when we arrived. Most radios in hotel rooms sound like utter crap...but this was nice. LED sconces on either side of the bed were another nice touch.

This was easily one of the top 2 or 3 hotels I've ever stayed. Quite likely the best. The only odd thing about the room was that there apparently was no closet or anywhere to hang one's garments. We never did figure that one out... Still highly recommended if you have to hang your clothes over a chair.

No comments: