Thursday, January 31, 2008

Where Work Takes Me: Austin, TX


I wish I could have taken this. I grabbed it off Wikipedia


One of the few pictures that turned out. This is Austin City Hall




I cover a lot of ground for work, but Austin isn't a normal stop (nor is it part of my territory). One of my accounts was having their national sales meetings there, so I was asked to help cover.





In many ways, that's a shame. I really liked this city, and I'm definitely interested in going back. Now, I say that even though the temps never got above 40 degrees F (I obviously hoped the weather would be better...), and I could barely see any local sights since the cold temps created a fog that limited visibility to a few hundred yards the entire time I was there.





That said, what I did see impressed. Downtown is modern, easy to navigate, and safe. The airport is one of the best "small" airports I've ever been.





The local cuisine is pretty good, too. The Tex-Mex was outstanding.





We'll see, maybe I'll have an opportunity to go back one day. If so, I'll most likely go gladly.

No comments: