Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Places Work Takes Me: Kansas City





I've also never taken pictures of downtown Kansas City either. I know I was ready to take some before, but fog and rain pre-empted those attempts before.


I rarely go downtown Kansas City either. In fact, I think I drove through once, but I've never actually DONE anything downtown. There's a lot to do downtown KC. The sporting events currently take place in the Eastern suburbs at the sports complex along I-70. Downtown does the the "old" Kemper arena and the new Sprint Center arena - but neither has a permanent tenant that calls either place home.


I usually stay in the Overland Park area when I'm in town. This is the Southwestern part of the KC metro area. The reason I usually stay in OP is that it's centrally located where most of my clients for work are.


The "hot spot" in KC is "The Plaza" an upscale area about 2 miles south of downtown. This is where all the great restaurants, high-end retail shopping, and luxury condos and large homes are located. It's beautiful and classy - but I rarely get there either...


There is some great BBQ around here. The best place I've had so far is Gates BBQ - which has several locations around KC. There's a really good Chinese restaurants called Chinese Palace in Overland Park, KS.

2 comments:

Calvary Kids said...

Hi Aaron! I stumbled across your blog recently and have enjoyed catching up on your sweet family. Nikki and I had a nice chat at church on Wednesday evening. It's good to see that you are all doing well!

Christy Becher

Bobby and Sara said...

Grenzer,
Hey next time you are in KC, go check out Arthur Bryant's BBQ, it is super good, almost better than Gates BBQ!
Bob