Sunday, July 29, 2007

IKEA is expanding it's ever-reaching business...

I'm only blogging about this since I have a few family members that really like IKEA. (I won't name any names, but I'm looking in the direction of South Dakota.) Personally, I've never even been into one of their mega-stores (although I've flipped through the catalog once or twice).

Anyway, it appears that IKEA in Oslo, Norway will allow 30 lucky shoppers to stay overnight in dormitory-style bunk beds for free. Included in the deal is a supper, breakfast, as well as getting to keep the sheets, bathrobe, and slippers. I'm sure these aren't stellar quality, but not a bad deal nonetheless.

It also appears that IKEA will have a special honeymoon suite for an undisclosed fee. The room will include most likely the finest encoutrements that IKEA has to offer, but I'm guessing the newly wedded couples must put their beds, chairs, and tables together first before they can consumate their marriage... :-) What a marriage builder, if a couple can put together the furniture with sufficient time to have a little "fun," then that marriage will likely hold the test of time.

Link to Gizmodo:

1 comment:

Johnny Roosh said...

Oh, its IKEA?

I thought it was IKE A., you know know like Bob's or Mike's. Shees.