Saturday, May 5, 2007

Where Work Takes Me: Lake of the Ozarks, MO





So I'm stuck away from Nikki and the kids this weekend since one of my accounts from work is having a sales rally in Lake of the Ozarks, MO

Earlier this week, the weather forecast looked pretty bad - thunderstorms all weekend. Thankfully the weather has been amazing: temps in the mid-80s and not a hint of clouds or rain.

Usually when I travel, I rarely have or take any opportunity to visit the local sites. Since today (Saturday) technically IS a day I should have off, I decided to spend some time at Lake of the Ozarks State Park. I hiked a few trails for most of the afternoon. It was tiring, but worth it - here are a couple of my favorite pictures from the hikes above.

While I was hiking, I had a lot of time to think and clear my head, meditate, and pray. I can't recall the last time I had several hours to just enjoy being outside like this. I can only hope another similar opportunity arrives soon...

No comments: