Thursday, March 15, 2007

One Little Travel Perk...


Just realized it's been a week since I posted. I've been laying low for a week since I had a "minor" surgery (if there is such a thing). I'll spare you all the details and updates (or ANY for that matter), but let's just say all has not gone as peachy as I'd like

Last week, I had the pleasure to visit the thriving metropolis of Des Moines for work. I'll write my thoughts on that fine city another day, but I did get a nice little bonus when I got to my room. I got this:

That's a 40" HD TV (a first in all my hotel stays) - Unfortunately, none of the channels were in HD though. There is also a 5 piece leather set with sofa, chairs, and 2 ottomans. There's was also a bar (not stocked :-( a dining room table, a desk, and a 2 person jacuzzi tub. (It's a Hilton Garden Inn, a chain I use frequently, but they typically don't have rooms this nice)

I called Nikki to see if she could come and enjoy it with me, but alas - it was for naught. Nicer hotel rooms don't help much when you miss those you love at home.

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Wow, that IS nice! In Iowa, no less. Maybe because it's kinda dull outside they want to be sure it's nice inside.

OK, sorry to you Iowans. I realized I don't exactly live in Happening Land.

Johnny Roosh said...

I called Nikki to see if she could come and enjoy it with me, but alas - it was for naught.

you shoulda called me!