Saturday, March 10, 2007

Believe It or Not: Comcast Experience STILL Gets Worse

So I contacted AT&T to switch my service back to them from Comcast. There's yet another problem with Comcast that is related to "porting" (ie. moving an existing phone number to another company for service) from Comcast to AT&T. The short version is that Comcast has a contract to port numbers from AT&T, but AT&T does not have a contract to port numbers over from Comcast.

So they give me bad service - AND still manage to make it as difficult as possible to switch to another company.

So now I have to seek out another phone company. Currently, I'm looking into Packet8, Lingo, and VoicePulse. All seem to have similar features, service, and quality to AT&T - but since they're all smaller companies, I worry how long they will stay in business.

1 comment:

Benjamin said...

Whatever you say about Comcast, they're installers have still blessed us with over 50 free channels. You gotta be on their good side