Thursday, November 1, 2007

Expensive Trees...





I'm all about doing what I can to "save the earth," so any random passers-by to this blog should know that we didn't want to have these cut down. We had two dead oak trees in our back yard that were each 50 feet or more, and we didn't want them falling on our house - or the neighbors' - so those had to go asap. There's also a tree that the previously owner felt should be allowed to live less than 10 feet from the foundation of our house - so much that he decided to build the deck around it. Since that tree overhangs the house, we had acorns, leaves, and even a little bit of moss growing on our roof. It only made sense to drop that tree as well.


So a tree cutting service came through the neighborhood, and gave us a good quote. (At least, I thought it was a good quote - there turned out to be a big misunderstanding - so these trees cost us far more than I thought. I'd rather not discuss it, but let's just say I could buy a decent used car for what these trees.)



The guys came out and did great work - and I certianly recommend them to anyone else. Here's a few pictures of their work. Since they ended up coming out on Karsten's b-day, he got to make a special trip home for the lunch hour to come watch.

No comments: