Thursday, November 1, 2007

Albino Squirrels





For the last couple weeks we've been seeing an albino squirrel in our yard. This, of course, is a bit unusual, but isn't THAT rare...until we saw a second one, then a third.


So we thought it'd be a great idea, but those squirrels knew we were trying photograph them, and would have nothing of it. Several attempts to snap a pic of them resulted in the albinos scrambling in different directions before we get close enough to take said photo.


Squirrels are very sneaky, you know. :-)


But my wife is MORE sneaky - and got several snaps of them. Enjoy. (oh, and we have several more that I didn't even bother posting.)


(Jodi - knowing your history with squirrels, I expect a reply to this post, if not several of them...;-))

1 comment:

Jodi said...

What? My history with squirrels? Are you referring to the one that died in my dorm room at PBBC? Or maybe the one that was shot by my DEAR husband and resurrected himself to stumble around our backyard with his jaw hanging off? Perhaps you're thinking of the ones that tore down the bird feeder we were using for a science experiment last spring.

I love squirrels . . . especially freaky albino ones.

PS - Bring a couple of those over to mate with our black squirrels, and they could produce some gray ones . . . which I guess the world already has plenty of.