Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Let Your Fingers do the Walking...on your Keyboard, not on Paper.





Spare me the jokes about taking so long between posts until another date. (They are deserved, btw). This topic deserves a mention and immediately inspired me to post.

Unless you're my grandmother, I don't know anyone who doesn't have internet access. If this is the case, then you probably use it for searching for just about anything you need to buy or service you need performed: pizza joints, plumbers, repair shops, etc. You can also use sites like Angie's list that will give you feedback/recommendations for most companies that advertise heavily in the phone books.

Which brings me to the topic of phone books. Why - in the name of common sense and all that is seemingly right with this world, do I receive FIVE new phone books every year? I haven't used one in probably a decade. I don't recall asking for one, much less five of them. So they go directly to the recycling bin as soon as they arrive. They waste my time, and not to mention are an obvious drain on the planet's resources.

There is good news: You can FINALLY opt out of all those irrelevant phone books forever. Just to this link, http://www.yellowpagesoptout.com/ , enter your zip code, and let the process take you to a world free of books printed on canary yellow paper.

No comments: