Sunday, January 4, 2009

RIP - Pillsbury College

My college alma mater (and Nikki's) just closed their doors forever last week. Pillsbury College had been struggling or well over a decade, and finally had to close their doors for good to avoid going deeper into dept during these already uncertain financial times.

I have mixed feelings about it - the signs were there that this day might come, but it's still sad nonetheless.

I stopped by the school during a trip home from Des Moines for work in late October. It was a beautiful Fall evening, and the memories came flooding back.

The picture above is of "Old Main." This is the administration building, as well as the chapel/theater where I performed in several plays along with my senior speech recital.
This is a picture of the center of the campus. That's the dining hall straight ahead.
Here's a picture inside the library - one of my favorite places during my years at Pills. The furniture has been rearranged, but this is roughly where I'd sit for a couple hours a week reading the most recent magazines, newspapers, and periodicals - as well as doing some class reading. It was quiet - just the way I remembered it.
This is a view from the center of the campus looking out toward the soccer field where I placed for 4 seasons. Clearwaters Hall is on the right - this is where most of the faculty offices were located.
This is the men's dorm - where I lived for 3 years. Not much has changed inside, other than updating the furniture.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

I remember sitting in the library with you reading magazines and talking about our futures.